Gemm Learning’s Dyslexia Scholarship
Compete for our Living With Dyslexia Scholarship
Gemm Learning is renewing its scholarship program for 2016 for students with dyslexia either planning to attend or already attending college.
The application process is simple. Send us your story in the form of an essay on the topic: “What it has been like to live with dyslexia.” In addition to the $1,000 scholarship, the winning student’s essay will be featured on our blog.
Making college is challenging enough. Making college while dealing with dyslexia represents a real achievement. These essays are at the same time inspirational and educational, giving us all a unique insight into what it’s like to live with dyslexia. It takes persistence and character to overcome the headwinds presented by dyslexia and get to college.
The Gemm Learning scholarship program rewards that persistence. We have been providing a $1,000 scholarship twice a year since 2013.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
There is no application to complete. We simply need in an email:
- Proof of college enrollment
- An essay of 300-500 words on “Living With Dyslexia”
- Indicate preference regarding publishing or withholding last name if essay is published on the Gemm Learning website (default is last name withheld)
Please send the proof of enrollment and the essay (in PDF or Word format) to email@example.com.
By sending in an application you are agreeing to have your essay published on our website, with or without your last name attached, as per your indication in the email, whether you win the scholarship or not.
2016 Spring Semester Scholarship
- Entries must be submitted by 3:00pm Eastern on November 15, 2015
- One winner will be announced on December 15, 2015
2016 Fall Semester Scholarship
- Entries must be submitted by 3:00pm Eastern on June 30th, 2016
- One winner will be announced on July 31st, 2016
The scholarship will be paid directly to the winner’s school as tuition.
We look forward to hearing about your academic and personal triumphs. Contact Gemm Learning at email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” if you have any questions about our Living With Dyslexia Scholarship.