Adaptive reading & processing software for adults.
- Individualized protocols that treat underlying causes.
- Research based program. Only 30 minutes a day.
Adult Test Taking Skills
Boost Learning and Reading Efficiency
If you are struggling to pass an exam or certification test that you need to further your career or life goals, we may be able to help. While you study hard and think you know the material, you also need to be able to perform on test day. And for many adults, a shortfall in test taking skills stands in their way. In most cases, these are skills that can be learned, at any age.
No amount of test preparation will be enough, if you:
- Read slowly or inaccurately
- Have weak reading comprehension skills
- Find it hard to complete exams in the time allotted or
- Struggle with multiple choice questions.
What you really need is a learning makeover that improves these fundamental skills. The question of course is this:
Isn't it too late to materially change these skills?
We can say with confidence, the answer here is no. If challenged appropriately the brain will integrate new skills in as little as two months and, will improve underlying cognitive skills leading directly to higher scores. Our success with our programs as SAT prep online for high schoolers has encouraged us to provide it for adults also.
Our adult program using Fast ForWord software is a reading or learning boost -- an intensive, fast-acting jolt that isolates and exercises a number of critical reading and test taking skills such as processing speed, memory, decoding speed.
Gemm Strengthens These Test Taking Skills
You work on Fast ForWord software at home with our remote oversight. There are over 75 exercises to work on and Gemm Learning picks the right ones to fit your needs. The test skills we target include:
- Reading speed and comprehension. Fast and accurate decoding, and the ability to understand and draw inferences from the text are required competencies. Adult dyslexia impedes test taking performance.
- Processing efficiency. We can build processing speed and improve retention with working memory exercises that help avoid time consuming re-reading, and improve multiple choice efficiency.
- Test taking stamina. We have exercises to strengthen focus and reduce careless errors, by improving working memory, so critical in multiple choice and in reading long passages.
- If your particular test has a writing section that you find challenging, we have exercises that build the critical thinking and abstract reasoning skills that directly impact essay writing.
Writing. Our program works at a fundamental level to produce real change. You never know what is possible -- and we are often surprised ourselves -- when underlying talents and skills are unlocked and you are making the most of your natural smarts.
Adult reading programs