Have you enrolled in college despite living with dyslexia? If so, Gemm Learning wants to help you keep pursuing your academic and personal goals.
We know that college can be a challenging and exciting time, especially for a student who once struggled with dyslexia. To encourage students affected by dyslexia to pursue higher education, Gemm Learning is offering a $1,000 Overcoming Dyslexia scholarship to one college student in the spring of 2013 and another student in the fall of 2013.
Students who have been influenced by dyslexia can compete for the scholarship by sharing their personal stories. Write an essay on the topic of “How I Overcame My Struggle with Dyslexia” to enter the competition.
Details for both the spring and fall scholarship can be viewed on the Overcoming Dyslexia Scholarship page or below:
- Applicants must include proof of college enrollment documentation in scholarship application.
- Essays must be 300-500 words in length.
- Send essays in PDF or Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Spring Semester Scholarship
- Submit your entry by 3 pm Eastern on October 31st, 2012.
- One winner will be announced on November 15th, 2012.
2013 Fall Semester Scholarship
- Submit your entry by 3 pm Eastern on June 30th, 2013.
- One winner will be announced on July 15th, 2013.
Gemm Learning encourages all college students who have experienced dyslexia to enter the competition. We look forward to reading about your personal victories and discovering how they have shaped your lives.
Contact Gemm Learning with any questions you have about the 2013 Overcoming Dyslexia Scholarship.