Programs for ADD at Home
Does your child drift off in class, read for short periods and/or is easily distracted?
It used to be thought that ADD symptoms such as these were permanent deficits, best medicated. However, we now know that brain training can substantially improve cognitive skills, including attention. Our neuroscience-based programs for ADD tap into this opportunity.
How Our Programs Help ADD
Our primary ADD intervention, Fast ForWord software, uses adaptive exercises to create new neural circuits that build learning efficiency and focus.
We Treat the Causes of ADD
Our ADD program targets 4 key cognitive skills — working memory, attention, processing and sequencing — that cause most ADD and ADHD.
- Processing. By speeding up processing, our software improves listening and learning efficiency, making engagement (focus) easier and more comfortable.
- Working Memory. Increased working memory — the ability to mentally hold and juggle facts and figures — allows for better understanding of the material, and therefore more interest and focus.
Training For Specific Attention Skills
Our program trains the individual attention skills most often associated with inattentive ADD:
- Impulsivity. Reduced impulsivity helps focus for test taking, homework, reading and listening in class.
- Inattentiveness. Most exercises require consecutive correct responses — this requirement for consistent accuracy builds attention stamina.
- Distractibility. By learning to resist the distracters in our programs, students develop selective attention, the ability to stay on task, used in class, doing homework and while reading.
Building Reading Stamina
Our programs build decoding automaticity, making it easier and less exhausting to read for longer periods. This extra reading practice further improves reading skills, including reading comprehension.
Take The Next Step
Gemm Learning provides home-based ADD programs with remote professional oversight, a one-time intervention that takes 4-6 months on average. To find out if our ADD programs are right for your child, please call for a free consult or email your questions here.