Fast ForWord helps K-12 reading and learning.
- #1 ranked program in large Nevada DOE study.
- Research-based & validated software, with teacher support.
Westport, CT Learning Center
In Center And Teacher Supported Home Programs
Our professional, science based programs go beyond traditional tutoring, because they first treat the underlying causes of reading and learning difficulty, including dyslexia, auditory processing disorder and autism, and then provide comprehensive reading instruction as required.
While Gemm Learning primarily provides home based services throughout North America, living near our learning center in Westport has its advantages:
Home service with benefits. You can come into our center for a demo or free testing before you start, and if you decide to work at home, you are more than welcome to come in once a week for a session to help keep enthusiasm up and to make sure you are on track.
Learning center environment. Our Westport center offers a quiet structured learning environment that is preferable to home in many cases.
Local At Home Service
For families living in Fairfield County, CT we offer the best of both worlds: 1/ the ability to come into a center to meet our staff, see the program in action and even to take a free reading/learning assessment, and 2/ enjoy the convenience of our comprehensive at home service with the freedom to come into our center for a session at any time.
Local CT at home service
In Center Services
We are proud to offer a range of powerful, clinical software services in our CT center with tutor oversight and homework support if needed. We take a unique two pronged approach:
- Cognitive programs that treat the underlying causes of reading and learning difficulty -- enduring gains that will last a lifetime.
- Reading and math software that develops fluency and fundamentals.
We start with baseline testing and then develop an individualized protocol for each child. Almost all students start with cognitive exercises and then move to a balanced approach with a blend of cognitive and instructional content.
For some students, our center is a better environment than home for our core programs, Fast ForWord and BrainWare Safari -- we have nurturing tutors, prizes, and a structured, learning environment, all conducive to better compliance in many students, including young students and children with autism.
In addition, our CT center offers the opportunity to work on multiple learning tracks, if that is what your child needs. Our tutor assisted services include:
- Math fact fluency. FASTT Math is a powerful adaptive software that uses a multi-sensory approach to help make math facts -- addition, subtraction, multiplication and division -- automatic. More on our in center math program with tutoring support.
- Reading fluency. Reading Assistant's voice recognition software provides feedback to the reader in real time to build fluency and comprehension skills. It is a perfect follow up to Fast ForWord, to build reading confidence.
- Pre-K Programs. While Fast ForWord is appropriate for ages five and older, Gemm Learning has other software offerings for four year olds, headed to Kindergarten in the next school year. These programs work on phonological awareness, computer skills and reading basics, in a fun and engaging manner.
Students typically come in for an hour each day, with Saturday morning hours available also if needed.
Your Next Steps
We are easy to get to:
877 Post Road East,
Westport, CT 06880
From Exit 18 on I95.