Fast ForWord treats executive function disorder
- Builds learning efficiency.
- Improves the self-talk that regulates behavior.
Executive Function Disorder Treatment
How We Improve Internal Dialogue & Learning Efficiency
Executive function disorder is a difficulty in high level thinking -- organizing and sequencing tasks, doing multiple tasks simultaneously, managing time, planning, staying engaged, problem solving. These are skills that are learned over time.
Our treatment builds learning efficiency, creating a foundation for the development of self talk, which regulates behavior, and executive function.
In particular, for children with processing and working memory difficulties, the development of executive functioning is delayed, as concentration and brain capacity are diverted into basic tasks, such as listening comprehension and reading decoding. As long as these tasks are not automatic, the overloaded mind is not fully free to practice and master executive functioning skills.
Does Your Child Have An Executive Function Disorder?
Many bright children are able to get through earlier grades, meeting the expectations placed on them, using inefficient and compromised learning skills. It is when these inefficiencies prevent steady progress, most often in later grade, when multi-tasking basic processing and higher level thinking runs into their natural limits, that "executive function" and other diagnoses start to emerge.
Learn more about executive function disorder
Executive function is important because it allows for adaptation and performance. Children and teens who have executive function deficits frequently struggle with:
- planning a project
- telling or writing a story
- memorizing and retrieving information
- generating ideas
- retaining information while using it to complete a task
If any of these executive functioning skills are not strong for your child, one treatment option is Fast ForWord by Gemm Learning, which automates processing, focus and working memory skills, freeing up brain capacity for higher level thinking.
Fast ForWord Helps Executive Function Disorder
Fast ForWord by Gemm Learning can be an effective intervention for children and teens with executive function deficits because Fast ForWord:
- Automates processing, to improve learning efficiency and free up capacity for higher level executive function, and
- Exercises executive functioning skills. Fast ForWord has a series of exercises that work on memory; selective attention -- the ability to focus on information and tasks, and ignore distractions; processing rate -- the rate at which a student is able to accurately perceive and manipulate information; and sequencing -- placing the detail of information in its accustomed order.
Fast ForWord is a series of adaptive exercises that adds speed and complexity at the student's own pace. It was developed by four of the world's leading neuroscientists and has now served over 1 million students.
Reasons to expect results from Fast ForWord
How It Works
Gemm Learning is the largest provider of Fast ForWord in North America. Students work at home with certified educator support from Gemm Learning every step of the way.
How our service works