Fast ForWord treats executive function disorder
- Builds learning efficiency.
- Improves the self-talk that regulates behavior.
Executive Function Disorder Treatment
How We Improve Internal Dialogue & Learning Efficiency
Executive function disorder is a difficulty in high level thinking -- organizing and sequencing tasks, multi-tasking, managing time, planning, problem solving. These are skills that are learned over time.
Our treatment builds learning efficiency, creating a foundation for the development of self talk, which regulates behavior, and executive function.
In particular, for children with processing and working memory difficulties, the development of executive functioning is delayed, as concentration is diverted by basic tasks such as listening comprehension and reading decoding. As long as these tasks are not automatic, the overloaded mind is not fully free to practice and master executive functioning skills.
Does Your Child Have An Executive Function Disorder?
Children and teens who have executive function disorder frequently struggle with:
- planning a project
- telling or writing a story
- memorizing and retrieving information
- generating ideas
- retaining information while using it to complete a task
Many bright children are able to meet expectations early on using inefficient and compromised learning skills. It is when these inefficiencies impede development of higher level thinking that "executive function" and other diagnoses start to emerge.
Software For Executive Function Disorder
Our brain training software can be an effective intervention for executive function deficits because it:
- Builds learning efficiency to free up capacity for higher level executive function, and
- Exercises specific executive functioning skills, targeting working memory, selective attention, sequencing and reasoning.