Programs for ADD based on neuroplasticity.
- Software that treats the causes of ADD.
- Online at home, with professional oversight.
Treating ADD at Home
Target the Causes, Not the Symptoms
We understand that as a parent, you care about knowing how to treat your child's ADD naturally, correctly. Your child's ADD is likely caused by processing and memory delays, and our programs stimulate the brain to treat those causes.
Does your child drift off in class? Can he read for short periods only? Is she easily distracted when doing homework?
Our Fast ForWord software is made up of adaptive games that provide the added processing stimulus and focus exercise needed to help ADD.
What Makes Us Different?
- One-time program. While there is no cure for ADD, our software naturally changes how children learn, aiming to reduce symptoms permanently.
- Online, but not alone. We support our online programs with remote professionals who monitor daily, call regularly and report weekly.
- Engaging games. Children enjoy the computer-game feel, which we back up with online rewards.
- Proven science. Fast ForWord was developed by four world-renowned scientists, based on 30+ years of research and testing.
How Our Programs Focus on the Child
Fast ForWord builds a foundation for learning efficiency using adaptive technology. It builds skills in incremental steps that integrate into your child's learning makeup. Better focus becomes part of your child so the progress sticks.
Our programs target ADD in children in three ways:
We Treat the Causes of ADD
Our software strengthens four primary cognitive skills - working memory, attention, processing and sequencing. Processing and working memory deficits are linked directly to ADD and ADHD.
Processing. By speeding up processing, Fast ForWord naturally treats and improves listening and learning efficiency.
Working Memory. Increased working memory - the ability to mentally hold and juggle facts and figures - allows for more engagement with the material, and therefore better focus. The Fast ForWord program targets working memory for ADD in several different exercise formats.
We Train Attention Skills
You know that children with ADD struggle to pay attention. We treat this critical problem with exercises designed to improve behaviors associated with inattentive ADD:
- Impulsiveness. Reduced impulsivity helps focus for test taking, social situations, homework, reading and listening in class.
- Inattentiveness. Most exercises require consecutive correct responses -- this requirement for consistent accuracy builds attention stamina.
- Distractibility. By learning to resist the distracters in our programs, students develop selective attention, the ability to stay on task, used in class, doing homework and while reading.
We Improve Reading Stamina
Our programs build decoding automaticity, making it easier to read for longer periods and to retain what is read.
More on our reading programs
Learn More about the differences between naturally targeting the causes of ADD and treating the symptoms.
Your Next Step: A Free Consult
If you have questions or are unsure if our ADD programs are right for your child, please call for a free consult or ask your questions here.