Science-Based Programs for ADD.
- Software that treats the causes of ADD.
- Online at home, with professional oversight.
Programs for ADD at Home
Target the Causes of ADD, Not the Symptoms
Our programs for ADD treat the processing and working memory delays that cause most ADD, using the principle of neuroplasticity, the brain's ability to improve when stimulated.
Does your child drift off in class? Can he read for short periods only? Is she easily distracted when doing homework?
Our Fast ForWord software is made up of adaptive games that provide the added processing stimulus and focus exercise needed to help ADD.
What Makes Us Different?
- One-time program. Our software changes how children learn, aiming to reduce or eliminate ADD symptoms permanently.
- Online, but not alone. We support our online programs with remote professionals who monitor daily, call regularly and report weekly.
- Engaging games. Our software has a computer-game feel, which we back up with online rewards.
- Proven science. Fast ForWord was developed by 4 world-renowned scientists, based on 30+ years of research and testing.
How Our Programs Help ADD
Fast ForWord builds a foundation for learning efficiency using adaptive technology that builds skills in incremental steps in a way that integrates into your child's learning makeup. Better focus becomes part of your child and so the gains stick.
Our programs target ADD in three ways:
We Treat the Causes of ADD
Our software strengthens four primary cognitive skills -- working memory, attention, processing and sequencing. Processing and working memory deficits are linked directly to ADD and ADHD.
Processing. By speeding up processing, Fast ForWord improves listening and learning efficiency.
Working Memory. Increased working memory -- the ability to mentally hold and juggle facts and figures -- allows for more engagement with the material, and therefore better focus. The Fast ForWord program targets working memory for ADD in several different exercise formats.
We Train Attention Skills
Fast ForWord trains attention skills directly, with exercises designed to improve behaviors associated with inattentive ADD:
- Impulsiveness. Reduced impulsivity helps focus for test taking, social situations, homework, reading and listening in class.
- Inattentiveness. Most exercises require consecutive correct responses -- this requirement for consistent accuracy builds attention stamina.
- Distractibility. By learning to resist the distracters in our programs, students develop selective attention, the ability to stay on task, used in class, doing homework and while reading.
We Improve Reading Stamina
Our programs build decoding automaticity, making it easier to read for longer periods and to retain what is read.
More on our reading programs
Your Next Step: A Free Consult
If you have questions or are unsure if our ADD programs are right for your child, please call for a free consult or ask your questions here.