Take our reading test
REQUEST FREE DEMO
Show me how it works
We are sorry to report we are no longer able to offer BrainWare Safari.
We are now using Activate. Learn more about Activate here.
Cognitive Skills Targeted by BrainWare Safari
Primarily related to visual processing, attention and organization
Exercises that incorporate the current scientific understanding of brain function to improve basic cognitive skills have been used by clinicians in one-on-one therapies for decades.
BrainWare Safari develops 41 cognitive skills, considered the most critical for fast and effective learning.
More on BrainWare Safari
BrainWare’s exercises place repetitive demands on deficient functions and present increasing levels of difficulty. Demands are placed in an integrated approach referred to as “cognitive loading” — forcing the brain to automate a function, do it subconsciously when confronted with two simultaneous tasks. This approach drives skills more quickly to an automatic, subconscious level of processing.
The 41 cognitive skills developed by BrainWare Safari are in these broad categories:
Attention Skills Helped
- Sustained Attention — staying engaged
- Selective Attention — ability to avoid distractions
- Divided Attention — the ability to focus on two skills at once, such as listening while writing notes
Visual Processing Help
- Visual Discrimination and Processing Speed
- Visual Sequential Processing
Auditory Processing Skills
Sensory Integration Skills
- Hand to eye integration — for writing
- Auditory-motor and auditory-visual integration
- Timing — sensory integration
- Short-Term and Working Memory
- Visual Spatial Memory
- Long-Term Memory
- Sequential Memory
- Logic and Reasoning
- Planning and Conceptual Thinking
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking
- Decision Speed