HOW IT WORKS
Take our reading test
REQUEST FREE DEMO
See it in action
Our Programs & Start Process
Logistics and program choices
Gemm Learning provides home-based software with individualized coaching and support. We go after the root causes of difficulty, followed by standards-aligned, adaptive reading and math curriculum. For children 5+, teenagers and adults.
- Free consult to see if we can help
- We test and collect information for an individualized protocol plan
- Start with Fast ForWord – strengthen learning fundamentals
- Then reading track or added learning track
- Add-ons – DreamBox Math, math facts and/or Reading Assistant
Most students take 4-7 months, average gain is 2+ years.
Who Is It For?
Our students have symptoms of a language processing issue or they are behind in reading of there are other learning concerns. Many students come to us with a formal diagnosis — dyslexia, auditory processing disorder, inattentive ADD, working memory dysfunction, executive function delays, ASD and/or generalized learning delays.
All of our programs are “interventions.” We are trying to resolve problems, not accomodate or tutor them.
Our setup is unusual. Generally, it’s a choice between an expensive (and time-consuming) center-based routine or cheap software you have to grapple with on your own at home.
We sit in between. And if you review our results and testimonials, you’ll see it’s an in-between that works. Powerful software with intensive oversight with the convenience and affordability of home. We have been perfecting this approach for 12+ years and have helped thousands of children with results and service that families love.
The main programs in our quiver of choices are:
- Fast ForWord cognitive programs. This is our primary intervention and starting point. The software improves phonological awareness and other foundational skills to make reading easier and automatic.
- Fast ForWord Reading series. This age-appropriate sequence of programs work on reading-specific skills — fluency, vocabulary, spelling and comprehension exercises. The goal of this series is to make reading rewarding, which occurs when reading comprehension comes naturally.
- Reading Assistant Plus. Adaptive reading practice software that builds reading speed and confidence.
- Activate. Children with ADD, ADHD, executive function and other difficulties may move to this cognitive learning software after Fast ForWord.
- Reflex Math and Dreambox Math. These self-paced programs present math visually to help children who struggle with traditional in-class instruction.
Individualized Coaching & Support
Our software is effective when students complete the protocols. That’s where our remote service really helps. We make sure students stay engaged and on track. This includes daily monitoring of your child’s activity, regular check-in calls and remote support sessions when needed as well as student rewards, mailed certificates, online support resources, and a client support group. Read more about our service here.
Every case is unique and so outcomes vary. While we do our best to screen out students we don’t think we can help, sometimes our program does not make the changes we hope for. Read more here on our claims.